Thursday, February 20, 2014

My Kind of Folk (Guest Blogger)

by guest blogger Sophilia Hubbard of the Southwest Philly Mission Year team:

Why do I need to spend time with folk who are already saved? They already know what they know. I love spending time with people who are rebels. People who don't understand their potential and true value in Christ. I love hanging out with nobodies, people who have no sense of direction. Ordinary people, human beings, with character good or bad that society has written off. Yeah those are my kind of folk. 

Today I met a real cool cat. His name is Lawrence. Lawrence, like everyone else has a past. His past is one of a lot of hardship. An attribute that struck me in a momentary state of shock was the stories in which he shared with me. Lawrence has a passion for helping people that is rare in today's American culture. The stories he shared with me a total complete and utter stranger; if I was Lawrence I wouldn't trust anyone nor talk to anyone. If I went through half the situations he went through I would be muted.... permanently. Lawrence thank you for the encouragement. 

God thank you for all of the rich opportunities and encounters that I have daily to smile and listen to others. I pray for the nobodies of the world like me. I pray as well for the folk who are already saved who know what they know. Thank you Jesus for who you are! Thank you Jesus for constantly molding and influencing me to positively impact communities. 

Quote: 
"I am constantly blown away by the opportunities that God lays in front of us to learn how to love and to be loved."  -William Owen 

Contact Guest Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment